This Njanga Sauce Recipe is a Cameroonian dish enjoyed in many homes. It's main ingredient is NJANGSA, which is a round, dull Yellow Colored seed like ingredient and we will use the grounded one. it can also be cooked with pork, beef, fish or whatever and enjoyed with Plantains, rice , yams etc.
This amazing sauce it's a very quick one and the method of cooking is different from how you cook your normal stew. In this recipe you
can definitely use any fish of your choice.
- Slice the tomatoes and add ground Njansa in a blender and blens. This is to just give that uniform mixture.
- Dice the onion the green onion and the parsley
- Pour the blended tomatoes in a bowl and add the ginger, the garlic paste and other ingredients like the fish except the diced onion
- Add cooking oil in a hot pot and saute the chopped onions for about 3 minutes pour in the mixture in the pot
- Add two cups of water, you can fresh thyme but it is optional then cover the pot and let it cook for about 10 to 15 minutes
- To avoid your fish from breaking do not stir immediately just shake the pot to stir the soup to avoid it from burning at the bottom
- .Right now when you feelthe fish is little bit hard. Just use cooking spoon and stay by the side carefully and don't break the fish
- If still has a lot of water inside, cover the pot and until water dry off
- Njangsang sauce is fully cooked and it's ready to serve