The contest offers African Vibes Magazine subscribers, Keller Graduate School of Management/Devry University students, and alumni across the country. The opportunity to play an active role in influencing Africa’s development by offering creativity. Innovative proposals that will answer the question: “What can you do with $1000 to help fight #poverty in Africa?” African Vibes Magazine will award $1000 to the winner to fund his/her idea. All proposals submitted for this contest should answer the following questions:
- Where will the idea be implemented?
- Why is it a good idea?
- How will the idea be sustained?
- How will the $1000 be used to implement the idea?
- How does this idea address poverty in Africa?
- Who will benefit from this idea?
Submission Deadline has been extended until April 10th, 2010.
Proposals entered by the deadline will be reviewed and the winner will be selected by a panel of judges.
How it works
- Submit your idea through our online submissions form below by April 10th, 2010. Your idea should be submitted in the format of a word document/pdf (2 pages max) or Video (5 minutes max).
- On April 16th, 2010, check our website africanvibes.com/wordpressnew for the winner. The winner will have the opportunity to share their winning idea at the African Vibes Magazine #4th Anniversary Event on April 24th, 2010.
- Reach: How many people would this idea affect?
- Depth: How deeply are people impacted? How urgent is the need?
- Attainability: Can this idea be implemented within a year or two?
- Efficiency: How simple and cost-effective is the idea?
- Longevity: How long will the idea’s impact last?
- Feasibility: Can the Idea be implemented within the specified budget of $1000
- Relevance: Is the idea relevant to the contest topic?
- Sustainability: Can the idea sustain itself or will it always require new investment to be sustained?
African Vibes Magazine will offer the Winner an Award for their innovation and $1,000 to fund their idea
Who can apply
Must be an African Vibes Magazine Subscriber or Keller Graduate School/Devry University Student or Alumni to be considered for the award