About Grafana Labs
There are more than 700,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include two other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs) and Grafana Tempo (for traces).
About Product Management
As a Product Manager at Grafana Labs, you’ll develop a vision and strategy for your product domain. You will own your product’s roadmap, collateral, and market research, and you will collaborate with Grafana leadership on fine-tuning your product’s goals. You will be the primary advocate and expert in your area, with a strong ability to communicate needs, functionality, and details effectively both to external customers and internal stakeholders. The teams and people you will be interacting with will be 100% remote and globally distributed, so strong and proactive communication is essential.
Product Managers are the bridge that connect Engineering, Design, and UX to GTM. You are a facilitator who ensures the free flow of information across these teams and are expected to be technically proficient when representing our products to our customers.
Grafana has grown immensely over the last several years, not just in its user base but also in the size and complexity of Grafana deployments. Grafana’s customers operate observability services for thousands of users of their own.
As the Insights Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for helping Grafana administrators improve the service they offer their users. These users are some of our biggest champions, but deal with difficult problems like scaling our products across hundreds of teams and dealing with complex governance and cost control issues, all while trying to ensure that features and new releases work well for their teams. Together with the engineers on the insights squad, you’ll build tools to help admins troubleshoot error-prone dashboards, prune unused telemetry data, and better understand what their users are doing in Grafana. You’ll learn what information administrators need about their environments in order to provide great service and be cost-efficient. As a result, more companies will choose our paid products and expand their usage, because those products are dead-simple to scale and manage. In addition to the Insights engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across all of Grafana Labs’ products and channels, from open source to Enterprise, Loki to Synthetics, and on-prem to Grafana Cloud.
As a Product Manager at Grafana Labs, you will:
- Transform ideas and feedback into a product vision and roadmap
- Empathize with customer problems in order to collect user needs, requirements, and pain points
- Curate and properly represent user feedback to Engineering, while providing evidence to support tradeoffs and priorities
- Work closely with PMM to enable GTM on product differentiation, including creating and updating presentations, documentation, website content, datasheets, and whitepapers.
- Use your deep product expertise to make decisions about our go-to-market strategies, pricing, packaging, licensing and tiering.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management
- Experience building software in the Business Intelligence/Analytics space
- A propensity for regularly analyzing engagement data and making informed data-driven decisions
- Experience partnering with UX to build delightful features with solid designs
- Experience working with engineering teams to design and build products in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with commercial software usage, billing, and licensing
- Knowledge of role-based access control systems
- Experience with open source software and/or commercial open source companies.
- Previous experience in Application Performance Monitoring, Observability, or Devops
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.