Friends of Africa Economic Summit (FOA 2021)- 11th Edition
Casa Foundation is excited to host the annual Friends of Africa (FOA2020) Economic Summit. We look forward to welcoming a global community of influencers to FOA.
The global pandemic has had devastating effects worldwide. The impact of the pandemic in Africa has been challenging, with increased strains on local institutions and economies. african Development Bank (AfDB) projects a contraction of growth, that could lead to GDP losses of $300.5 billion and $288.7 billion in Africa by end of 2021.
Due to the pandemic and social distancing, the 11th annual FOA Summit will be organized as a Hybrid experience from October 1-3, 2021.
Live viewing will be available for Registered delegates from outside Canada as well.
Friends of Africa (FOA)
FOA is a Global platform that promotes economic development opportunities in emerging markets and connects startup businesses in the Diaspora a forum to pitch their ideas to investors and partners.
What should I Expect at Friends of Africa (FOA 2021) Economic Summit ?
- Keynote address
- Panel discussions
- Fireside chat
- Pitch presentations*
- Business Showcase: Marketplace & Products
- Roundtable sessions with key founders
- Black Women Entrepreneurs plenary session
Who will participate at Friends of Africa (FOA 2021)
FOA 2021 Delegates include:
- Government of Canada
- Government of Ontario
- Government of Alberta
- Governments from African Countries- Mali, Rwanda, Nigeria, Morocco, Uganda, South Africa
- Government of Jamaica
- Organization of Women in international Trade
- Diasporan Associations and Represenative Groups
- Professional Organizations
- Canadian Chambers of Commerce
- Canadian Boards of Trade
- Colleges and Universities from Different Countries
- Canandian Financial Institutions
- Diplomatic Embassies in Canada
- Private Sector Corporations
- Women-led Groups
- Youth Initiatives
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Non-Profit Organisations
*FOA: Where Ideas meet Opportunities.