AfBC Midlands – Africa International Trade Summit 2021
African Business Chamber (AfBC) in collaboration with Birmingham Commonwealth Association (BCA) and other regional organisations to host inaugural Midlands – Africa International Trade Summit 2021 on Thursday 21 October 2021 ahead of the Midlands UK Forum For Growth which will take place from 24 to 26 November. The theme is Enhancing Trade, Investment Relations, Exporting and Internationalisation Linkages between The Midlands and African Countries.
This will also be a platform to launch Midlands Africa Forum – a business-led initiative aimed at increasing Midlands’s commercial connectivity and strengthen economic ties, trade relations, FDIs flow, education, cultural and Diaspora linkages with African countries ahead of Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022 and beyond.
The summit will explore following inclusive and sustainable investment, trade and business opportunities between and the Midlands regions of the UK (Birmingham, Coventry, Warwickshire, Leicester, Northampton and Nottingham):
- Manufacturing and Automotive
- Healthcare, telemedicine and healthtech
- Infrastructure development and investment
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Agribusiness , agritech and innovations, food and drinks supply chains
- Business, Professional Financials (BPF) Services
- Sustainable and renewable energy
- Green Growth, sustainability, carbon reduction and Net Zero
- Innovations, technology and digital infrastructure
- Real Estate and housing
- Sports, culture and creative industries – Birmingham Games 2022