Join us to celebrate Africa’s burgeoning innovation ecosystem on Kwame Nkrumah Day, at our 3rd annual event on the sidelines of the 78th United Nations General Assembly. Get ready to connect with passionate entrepreneurs and stakeholders on both sides of the Atlantic, in alignment with the 2030 Development Goals. Delicious African food and drinks provided!
Organizing partners: Impact Hub New York Metropolitan Area, Impact Hub Accra, African Women in Technology, and Baobab Consulting
Community partners: Maakola, African Health Innovation Centre, Item13, JA Venture Capital, and DawaDawa
You’ll hear from inspiring speakers, including:
HE Ameenah Gurib Fakim – First Female President of Mauritius. Ameenah Gurib-Fakim was a university professor and entrepreneur before her election as the first female Head of State of Mauritius. In June 2015, Ameenah Gurib-Fakim became the first female president of Mauritius. As an entrepreneur, biodiversity scientist and professor of organic chemistry, she analyzed the plants from the region for their health, nutritional and cosmetic applications. She is a global champion for African entrepreneurship and leadership.
Divine Muragijimana – Expert in Fintech in Africa: As Africa’s economic landscape continues to evolve, Fintech plays a pivotal role in driving innovation, financial inclusion, and economic growth. Divine Muragijimana, a renowned expert in the field, will delve into the latest trends, challenges, and opportunities within the African Fintech ecosystem.
Hear from entrepreneurs, business leaders, and stakeholders from Africa and New York:
- Anie Akpe – Founder of African Women in Technology (AWIT)
- Liz Grossman Kitoyi – Co-founder of Baobab Consulting
- Emily Sheldon – CEO & Co-Founder of African Health Innovation Centre
- Aurora Chiste- Founder of Maakola
- William Senyo – CEO & Co-Founder of Impact Hub Accra
- Kelechi Ofoegbu – COO & Co-Founder of Impact Hub Accra
- Nkem Oghedo, Founder of Ada Supper Club
- Adjoa Kittoe, Founder of Eat Seulful
- John Armah, CEO of JA Venture Capital
- John-Paul Parmigiani – CEO & Co-Founder Impact Hub New York Metropolitan Area & Co-founder of Impact Hub Accra
- Gain insights about trends and innovations coming out of Africa’s startup communities
- Learn about opportunities to get involved and connect with Ghana’s innovation ecosystem
- Enjoy African food and drinks!
- Explore the current state and future of tech and innovation in Africa
- Understand the unique challenges and opportunities that drive growth on the continent.
- Network with industry professionals, entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders, and enthusiasts
Who Should Attend:
- African and Africa-focused entrepreneurs
- Investors and venture capitalists
- Industry professionals
- International Development Agencies and Nonprofits
- Public stakeholders and regulators
- Academics and researchers
- 6:30pm – Doors open, networking and refreshments
- 6:50pm – Opening remarks
- 7:00pm – Keynote Speakers
- 7:20pm – Remarks from partners
- 8:00pm – Networking reception
- 9:00pm – Doors close
We believe African innovators have what it takes to tackle the challenges of today and continue to build a bright future for the continent. Don’t miss this exceptional opportunity to engage in conversation about the future of the continent.