Coast to coast, African fashion designers are getting much-deserved attention from the American fashion industry. At Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week New York, the ARISE African Collective brought some colorful faces and fresh talent to the New York fashion scene. Now Californians are getting a taste of what African style has to offer. African Vibes magazine rolled out the red carpet in style to celebrate its fourth anniversary of shining a positive spotlight on Africa and Africans, by presenting the “I Wear African” fashion show at the Avalon in Hollywood. [READ THE COMPLETE STORY]
- Aiden Ayafor on 26 year old Congolese invents Africa’s first handheld tablet to rival the iPad
- Pauline Haynes on Discussion: Can a domestic abusive person change for the better?
- Ashley Macon on ‘PALAIS DES SENTIMENTS’: CHANNEL YOUR INNER GODDESS – Vlisco’s Second Fabric Collection of 2012
- Editte on DISCUSSION: Was it Right for President Obama to intervene in the Libyan Conflict?
- Rashid haverd on DISCUSSION: Should “Bride Price” be abolished and made unconstitutional?
- Which of these Ghanaian Actresses do you like the most?
- Highlights of Africans at the London 2012 Olympics
- African Vibes Magazine 6th Anniversary Event – Cancelled
- ‘PALAIS DES SENTIMENTS’: CHANNEL YOUR INNER GODDESS – Vlisco’s Second Fabric Collection of 2012
- 24 Year old Cameroonian builds the first fully touch screen medical tablet in Africa